Val di Fassa
Val di Fassa
Val di Fassa - a mountain valley located in the north of Italy, where locates "Dolomites Superski" - one of the largest, best equipped ski resorts in Italy and in the world in general.
Val di Fassa is located in the heart of the Dolomites, in the north-eastern part of the province of Trentino, Italy on the border of the Bolzano and Veneto regions, near the border with Austria. The entire region is crossed by the Avisio River. The valley is surrounded by some other mountains of the Dolomites: Marmolada, Sella, Sassolungo, Mount Catinaccio.
There are several villages in the valley, which mainly specialize in the hotel business for lovers of skiing:
- Vigo di Fassa;
- Pozza di Fassa;
- Campitello di Fassa;
One of the closest international airports to this region is in Verona, from it by bus can be reached in about 2-2.5 hours.
The most amazing places in Val di Fassa is one of the best ski resorts in the world called “Dolomites Superski”. In the early 1970s, six ski resorts of Cortina d'Ampezzo, Kronplatz, Alta Badia, Val Gardena, Alpe di Suzi and Val di Fassa were merged into one single skiing area, which looks very impressive:
- 12 mountain valleys with a total area of more than 3,000 square killometers;
- 1,200 killometers of ski slopes;
- 450 lifts with a capacity of 630,000 people per hour.
- 24 snow parks (almost two for each valley);
- 60 ski schools with 2,200 certified instructors;
- All the ski slopes built a lot of cafeterias, bars with a beautiful landscape view of the valley, where you can relax after skiing, have a delicious meal and drink some wine, beer.
All skiing areas are accessible through a single system of ski passes, however you can purchase cheaper ski passes for individual zones.
One of the most popular places for skiing in the valley is the so-called "Sella Ronda" route - it is a circular route around the rock massif Sella, while it can be descended, clockwise and counterclockwise.
The cost of recreation for a week in this region is approximately 1000-1200 euro per person, including flight, accommodation in a 4-star hotel (including breakfast, dinner, transfer to the ski slopes, spa), insurance, as well as a ski pass of the whole ski resort and lunch on the slope during the entire stay.
- There is thermae spa-center near Campitello-di-Fassa that can be relaxing after skiing. Spa center offers various saunas, pools, jacuzzi and relaxation rooms with picturesque views to local nature.
Val di Fassa is an impressive and gorgeous place for skiing and snowboarding in Italy or even in Europe. If you have any other information on it, please post your messages on the discussion page.